Gas Tank Cleaning & Fuel Treatment Process
The modern motor fuels, gasoline and diesel, have been heavily modified over the last decade by additives such as ethanol. These additives are included to improve emissions and other properties, but introduce a host of difficulties. These can include the absorption of water, leading to increased corrosion and microbiological growth. All of these can result in clogged filters, engine damage, and system failure at the worst possible moment. The disposal and replacement of contaminated fuel is expensive.
The proprietary PCA tank cleaning process, also known as fuel polishing, is quick, efficient, and normally does not require the fueling facility be closed during the fuel and tank cleaning process. The tank cleaning unit is self contained, requiring no power or other utilities from the host facility. It is compact and mobile, reaching tanks in isolated parts of a facility. The goal is to remove water, contaminants, and residue.
The cleaning/polishing of the stored fuel, along with the addition of biocide treatment and/or stabilizers, costs far less then disposing of all the fuel in a tank and replacing it with fresh fuel.
Many PCA clients implement a periodic fuel monitoring program to ensure continued quality. The sampling and inspection process can help you to maintain a high degree of readiness and ensure that fuel will not be the cause of your problem.
Fuel Cleaning/Polishing Process
- Our system will provide services to both gasoline and diesel fuels. The process can be applied to both underground and aboveground tank cleaning. The process is especially important and useful for emergency generator systems.
- Our stand alone system allows your site to remain operational while we run our filtration system. We provide a generator, so we do not connect to your power sources.
- Fuel samples are periodically taken throughout our cleaning process to ensure that any impurities the fuel is removed of. The fuel is constantly monitored through a sight glass by our technician to ensure that suspended particulates are removed during our filtration process.
- The client can choose the level of polishing needed: down to 1 micron levels.
- The customer will receive via email a final tank cleaning site report, including before and after photos of the fuel.
- Our OSHA trained technician will take all safety measures to maintain OSHA compliance.